When installing ruby gems for a new project I get the following error on my M1 MacBook.
After some Googling, there are 2 solutions to solve this error.
Manually Copy & Paste File freedesktop.org.xml
First, create a file named
freedesktop.org.xml, copy the file content found from Freedesktop and save it to
Second, set the
FREEDESKTOP_MIME_TYPES_PATH environment variable.
Install Dependency via Homebrew
Alternatively, if Homebrew is installed on your M1 Macbook, just run
brew install shared-mime-info.
- mimemagic install error: “Could not find MIME type database in the following locations…” on Windows
- New mimemagic version licensed under MIT
- Register to Digital Ocean cloud with this link, you will get $50 credit
- Premium PSD an website / Wordpress
- Easy and cheap CDN in the world