Google Chrome is my favorite browser. Since 2013 I always use Google Chrome as my main browser. But after Firefox Quantum and Safari 11 are released, I am curious to compare those with Google Chrome
So I decide to benchmark Safari, Chrome, and Firefox with my Macbook with these specifications:
- Machine: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2015)
- Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
- Processor: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
- Safari 11.0.2
- Google Chrome 63.0.3239.108
- Firefox 57.0.1
Benchmark Safari 11 vs Google Chrome 63 vs Firefox 57 (Quantum)
Kraken is benchmarking tool from Mozilla. Although it’s developed by Mozilla, Safari 11 has the best performance for this benchmark. Winner: Safari 11.
MotionMark is a graphics benchmark that measures a browser’s capability to animate complex scenes at a target frame rate. Both Google Chrome and Safari has score more than 400, but surprisingly Firefox’s score is below 120. Winner: Safari 11.
Speedometer is a browser benchmark that measures the responsiveness of Web applications. It uses demo web applications to simulate user actions such as adding to-do items. Winner: Safari 11.
Based on this benchmark, Safari 11 is always get the best result. I think this is not suprised because Safari is designed to work under macOS ecosystem. Apple also claims with Safari we can watch Netflix twice longer. Based on these result, I decide to make Safari 11 as my main browser.
- Register to Digital Ocean cloud with this link, you will get $50 credit
- Premium PSD an website / Wordpress
- Easy and cheap CDN in the world